Thursday 4 December 2008

Sew Hip!

I am rather excited by this - two of my photos are in the latest issue of Sew Hip! Woohoo!
My pictures are on the left hand side of the spreads, illustrating an article about wool felt. You can't really tell from my quick photos but they look really bright and cheerful in real life and made me grin quite madly when I picked up my copy from the newsagent. Many thanks to Sew Hip's sweetheart of an editor, Manda, for getting in touch!In case you've not heard of it yet, Sew Hip is a brand new sewing magazine that launched here in the UK last month. It's jam packed with patterns and crafty tips and interviews with awesome crafters like Betz White who makes the most amazing things from felted wool sweaters (you can check out her blog here).

Overall it feels very fresh and modern and it's very in tune with what I would call the Etsy generation: I recognised quite a lot of my fellow Etsians in its pages and it's packed with the sort of fabrics, projects and products that I usually only get to see by reading blogs. I'm quite delighted to have my photos rubbing shoulders with such loveliness!

I'm going to stop using exclamation marks now and go curl up with a nice cup of tea and finish reading all those articles...

5 comments:

alice said...

How cool! I picked up the first issue the other week, I will check out this one too :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, congrats! You're so spot on about the Etsy generation. Do you know who publishes the mag? I would love to work on a crafty mag these days, but more in line with BUST.

Bugs and Fishes said...

The Sew Hip site with lots of info is http://www.sewhip.co.uk - forgot to link to it in my post. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! your photos are sooo nice! love them!

blue moss said...

congrats....i found you because of the wrapping paper tutorial, and now i dont think i will be happy until i look at all your lovely posts...