Sunday 7 December 2008

Crafty Genes

Ugh. I have been fighting off a horrible winter bug for a while now and today it is winning!

Before I return to my heap of blankets on the sofa, I'd just like to show off an awesome advent tree my mother made:She made a trio of these felt trees for my sisters and myself when we were younger, and every year filled each pocket with a little giftwrapped treat like some sweets or some stickers. This particular tree was made especially for my boyfriend so he wouldn't feel left out. It's totally handsewn and looks fabulously festive hanging on our kitchen door.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree..
Thats a saying overhere in The Netherlands: You can see the genes returning in your children!

Great work from your mother, esp. that's she made 4 of them!

Puk
http://knittingajour.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Okay, all I can say is, gorgeous.

Oh, and I hope you feel better.

QiaoEr said...

wow!! great idea!

Swirlyarts said...

Urggh! I know how you feel - get better soon :)

Cat McLaughlin said...

can I have an advent calendar like that too, please? ;)